DMZ City Plan
For this project the main objective was to create a city in Korea. This city is specifically located within the DMZ and it's main function is to serve as a kind of peace city between North and South Korea.The city itself is independent from either country on a political standpoint, however the city is allowed to trade; the location was chosen partially because it was next to Kaesong which is regarded as a sister city.
Before we could create a city we had to do research about Korea and the location of our site. Below are some important pieces of information we found for the project.
- DMZ has become a safe haven for endangered flora and fauna
- Kaesong(sister city) specializes in textiles
- Kaesong contains South Korean factories that employs North Korean workers
- A tributary from the Imjin River runs through the site
- Crops are on both sides of the DMZ, however more are on North Korea's side
- Korean peninsula experiences monsoon season